Wednesday, April 27, 2005

de commando uncle at tekong

Went to tekong today. Intended to have a feel of my new home next year, but in the end aiya same old army shit again. But nort bad la, got to play IMT. Yeah so long nv shoot, forgot how to prone and aim properly liao. Grouping muz be like cock. Nvm la haha.

But anyway, the mini highlight of the day was that brief chat with that commando uncle who couldn’t speak English properly, telling us about, yes u guessed it, AIRBORNE!!! Lol. I jus asked him where his wings were from. Then nat jus started things off.

Nat:sir, airborne fun nort?

Encik: fun, very fun. But ah, u muz noe la, in de air ah, anything can happen. U can zoom down very fast, or u can float in the air never move. U imagine, u noe, float in the air? Freefall, u pull open ur own parachute, more fun, but also more dangerous. In de air I push u a bit onli ah, u can turn and turn nv stop.

Me: but basic airborne ok la, nort as dangerous.

Encik: haha basic airborne is nothing!!

Nat: sir how many times u jump before?

Encik: I served 17 years already, every year jump 4-5 times, u say lei?

Us: woahhhh

Encik: in fact, first time I jumped. 16 years old. I was still in ncc, jumped with the ncc. Woah, I still rmb that time, got gals also jumping with me. The gal, in front of me, also bigger size den me. Another gal also behind me. Wah I guy u noe. I think, if I dun jump, in front that gal will laugh at me. If I take a step back, alamak, behind that gal ah also..aiya haha I dun want to no face, u noe, paisei la, so I close eyes jus ahhhhh jump out.

LOL. Wad a joker. But then it reflected wad many people in de same situation were thinking went the stupid commando garang kia instructor ask them to jump. The split second of apprehension at the unknown, especially during their first jump.

On a more serious note, he also brought forth the harsh realities if the dangers of airborne, something which I have not been willing to confront in my (now forgone) pursuit of it. We shall see how fate goes la. Haha ok. I admit. I blogged today cuz de airborne bug was back to bite. Haha.

c130 rolling down the street...lol =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home